We have seen many posts about the criteria for the perfect blog post. We at The Conversation Group have our own criteria for writing blog posts which we feel will be beneficial to those wanting to communicate more effectively.
Blog entries must:
1. Have a clear message, be informative and close out with a well-defined conclusion: you must have a clear, defined idea of the points you want to make in your entry. A simple and constructive way to do this is by writing a list of your key points before you begin the writing process
2. Be accompanied by titles with clear SEO terms that relate to content: Be sure to attach a catchy title that will attract your audiences’ eye. You want to also use key words that appear often in search to ensure that your piece will be easy to find by others
3. Be written in a plain and common sense style: Your audience is relying on you to simplify content. Do not dumb down your content, but do not use impenetrable jargon
4. Be between 800 – 1000 words in length: However, if you can communicate your point in less than this recommended word count, that’s all that matters, quality over quantity
5. Link to at least one previous blog post: As well as boosting your SEO, this makes it easier for your audience to make connections with your older work and draw traffic to previous points. It shows fluidity and consistency in your work and attaches further understanding to your entries
6. Have at least one link to your social platforms: This could be your Facebook, Google+, Twitter and/or YouTube. This will again help generate traffic to your platforms and encourage your audience to check out your presence on all forms of media
Blog entries may:
1. Be topical, ʻnews worthyʼ pieced
2. Include a link to your YouTube video content, if possible
3. Include imagery
Let us know your strategy and how our tips have helped you!